This year, NTA will conduct JEE Main at 605 centres for B.Tech/BE and 489 centres for B.Arch and B.Planning located in 224 cities across the country and 8 cities abroad.
Over 8 lakh candidates have registered for the JEE Main examination and the admit cards have been made available on the official website of NTA on August 17.
Candidates, who appear for the JEE Main examination can read on to check the exam day guidelines, time, things to carry, etc.
Guidelines about time to reach examination venue
- As a precaution for COVID-19, the examinees should reach centre as indicated against reporting time at centre.
- Candidates will not be permitted to enter after the gate closing time.
- Candidates shall not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- Examinees are advised to visit the examination venue a day in advance to see the arrangements at the centre, so that they do not face any problem on the day of the test.
Things that can be carried into the examination venue
- Admit Card along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA website (a clear print out on A4 size paper) duly filled in.
- A simple transparent ballpoint Pen
- Additional photograph, to be pasted on attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle
Before reaching the centre, the candidates must enter required details in the undertaking in legible handwriting, put their signature and paste the Photograph at the appropriate place. They should ensure that their left-hand thumb Impression is clear and not smudged.
Any one of the original and valid Photo Identification Proof issued by the government – PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/12th Class Board Admit or Registration card/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ E-Aadhaar/ Ration Card./ Aadhaar Enrolment No. with Photo. All other ID/Photocopies of IDs even if attested/scanned photo of IDs in mobile phone will NOT be considered as valid ID Proof.
Things that cannot be carried to exam centre
- Electronic devices
- Mobile phone
- Any textual material
- Slide Rules
- Log Tables
- Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator
- Printed or written material
- Bits of papers
- Mobile phone
- Pager or any other devices
Things to note about dress code
- Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are not permitted.
- If religion/customs require you to wear specific attire, please visit the centre early for thorough checking.
NTA will strictly follow Social Distancing measures as per Government of India guidelines in current scenario of COVID-19 to ensure health & safety of the candidates. Adequate measures are implemented for the safety of all without compromising the high standards, sanctity, and fairness in conduct of the JEE Main examination. Candidates are also required to follow the guidelines and new process for Social Distancing and hygiene to ensure safety and health of their own and fellow examinees and other staff.
For safety purposes, NTA strongly advises candidates not to bring anything other than permitted items. However, in case of unavoidable situations, there will be arrangements to store the bags at examination centres at owner’s risk.